Our client, a global food manufacturer is seeking a professional HR Manager with deep manufacturing experience. The initial objectives will be exciting but challenging, developing and implementing HR processes for a new manufacturing site. They will promote a culture that reflects and inspires high performance, high employee engagement, learning, and customer satisfaction. They will maintain and develop an effective HR function which supports the Company Mission Statement and Strategy, is aligned to the Business Plan and drives the culture change program.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management in conjunction with the VP of HR focusing on Recruitment and Selection; Training and Development; Performance Management; Employee Engagement; Change Management; Disciplinary and Grievance; Compensation and Benefits; and HR Service levels.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems and processes for measuring the effectiveness of the HR plan and its deliverables, through key performance indicators.
- Coordinate and administer talent acquisition efforts, including applicant tracking, employment advertising, screening resumes, arranging interviews, and administering pre-employment tests. Interview candidates and provide insight into hiring decisions.
- Develop and maintain an effective onboarding process to ensure all team members are properly inducted for their roles and the broader 1Finalys culture.
- Lead, motivate and develop HR Assistant, through the application of performance management and the provision of effective training solutions that are aligned to the company core values.
- Work in partnership with department heads to obtain a clear understanding of the business requirements/evolution identifying critical needs and priorities for HR related matters and implement people related activities within timescales in conjunction with relevant managers.
- Maintain awareness, knowledge and compliance of existing and changing US and state employment laws, new concepts and best practices, and provide suitable interpretation to management and employees across the organization.
- Play an active role in the effective communication, understanding and awareness of the corporate direction, mission, and priorities.
- To ensure the effective administration of a professional payroll service to include legal compliance with state laws, setting up and closing employment states as needed.
- To provide advice and guidance on employee relations to include disciplinary and grievance hearings, flexible working performance and absence management programs in line with relevant HR policies, practices and systems.
- Active member of the safety, wellness and engagement teams providing leadership and support of all initiatives.
- To lead/assist the VP HR with other ad hoc projects or administrative activities as required from time to time. Any other reasonable request.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as HR manager or generalist preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- People oriented and results driven.
- High degree of integrity, collaboration and teamwork.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases. Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Experience with departmental budgeting.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and process management skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field. Human Resource certification desirable.
Reports to: VP HR
For More Information Contact:
Tim Healy firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President 781-837-0987
Resource, Inc. www.tchresource.com