Greater Boston Area
Resource, Inc. has been engaged to assist in the search for a Director of Strategic Initiatives for a category leading CPG manufacturing company with over $400 Million in annual sales in the Boston area.
Position Summary: Our client is currently seeking to grow their Operations team with the addition of a Director of Strategic Initiatives. This individual will be based in the company headquarters north of Boston and will report directly to the Vice President of Global Operations. Our Director of Strategic Initiatives will be a leader in orchestrating large supply chain projects and process improvements across our global locations. In particular, He or She will be a key business partner to IT for an upcoming major ERP upgrade project. This individual will be an integral member of the operations leadership team and will work in close collaboration with other high performing staff on strategic projects with impact on global operations.
- Drive the continuous improvement program for the company.
- Lead and participate in complex projects, managing timelines, driving activities and reporting on status and results.
- Drive productivity programs for our production facilities and manage productivity programs company-wide.
- Lead Operations project member for an upcoming major ERP upgrade with global implications.
- Manage issues, risks, dependencies, overlaps and decisions across all projects managed under the EPMO.
- Provide updates and escalate risks/issues/decisions to the ESC and communicate back to project leads.
- Drive critical decision making and provide risk mitigation strategies on current initiatives.
- Work with leadership and apply operational, financial and industry knowledge to identify and propose recommendations to address both critical business issues and growth opportunities.
Requirements: We are seeking the rare combination of “thinker” and “doer” with a strong aptitude for understanding strategic goals of the organization and building and executing the tactics to accomplish them.
You should also bring:
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or a related manufacturing focused course of study.
- 15 years of experience working in manufacturing and corporate operations in a continuous improvement capacity is absolutely critical.
- Critical thinker with the ability to see the big picture and have an understanding of how project objectives align with strategic objectives.
- Strong ERP system experience, preferably with implementation or upgrades as a business partner to IT.
- Ability to drive productivity programs for companies and factories.
- Experience in a global business environment.
- Effective relationship management with the ability to navigate political environment, motivate stakeholders and instill confidence.
Please submit resumes and requests for information to:
Tim Healy 781-837-0987
Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Executive Search www.tchresource.com