San Francisco Area
Resource Executive Search has been Retained to locate a world class-manufacturing leader. Our client is a leading manufacturer of gummy-based supplement, vitamin and other nutraceutical products. The company is experiencing a period of rapid growth and capital investment. The Director of Manufacturing is a newly created position and will report to the VP Operations. The position will oversee all manufacturing functions at the and be responsible for achieving all goals associated with cost, quality, service and people.
This leader will interface with every other department in the company (sales, marketing, supply chain, customer service, R&D, and finance). The primary responsibilities focus on meeting the company’s strategic initiatives such as waste elimination, empowering the work force, delivering quality products and services and utilizing technology for strategic decision-making.
1. As a new key leadership layer in the organization, successfully take ownership of the plant using exemplary communication to lead and empower the workforce and to create a high performance work atmosphere. The operation needs a coach that will council individuals and take a methodical approach changing the mindset of the workforce.
2. Assess manufacturing infrastructure and initiate and implement improvements with an emphasis on maintenance/utilities projects. There is ample opportunity for maintenance system improvement, but a good understanding of process engineering will be critical.
3. Develop and drive a multi-year Lean strategy for SCN operations organization to improve throughputs and all other manufacturing metrics. The company is in the infant stages of this initiative and has a realistic time frame and expectation of implementing lean methods.
- BS in engineering preferred, bachelors degree required
- Must have experience in the Food/Beverage/Pharma industry
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing a plus good understanding of processing engineering a plus
- 15+ years experience in operations and supply chain management, including time leading a complex manufacturing site as a Plant or Operations Manager
- Knowledge of federal regulations relative to the food industry and general manufacturing (FDA, OSHA, etc.)
For More Information Contact:
Tim Healy firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President 781-837-0987
Resource, Inc. www.tchresource.com