Our client is one of the leading distributors in their market segment with total yearly revenues the exceed $8 billion dollars and growing significantly on a year-over-year basis. Our client has engaged Resource, Inc. to find them a highly skilled Warehouse Manager who has had significant success running complex warehouse functions, possesses a strong WMS orientation and who can manage in a very high-paced/ever-changing warehouse environment. Our client is looking for a professional who can succeed within their organization and based on that success would like to take advantage of the upward mobility opportunities that the company has because of their tremendous growth.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for all the functions of the warehouse during the night shift for order selection, including daily operations, facility and grounds maintenance, compliance, and development of supervisors and others in the department. The Warehouse Manager is also responsible for budget process, financial reports, and management of key operating performance indicators such as overtime, delivery reliability, and productivity.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures while relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ensures that orders arrive and are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities.
- Train and develop supervisors and lead persons
- Develop and implement the daily operating plan to include manpower planning and warehouse work schedule
- Oversee slot locations, racking, cycle counts and inventory of warehouse product
- Ensure compliance with company, state, federal and local policies, regulations, and safety/health standards.
- Maintain and monitor food safety activities including sanitation.
- Coordinate facility and grounds maintenance, including repairs.
- Resolve employee issues with assistance from Human Resources.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discuss with management processes and/or thoughts on improving any part of our operational procedures or methods, with the overall attention to the final and most important process of customer satisfaction.
- Any and all duties that may be assigned.
- Allocate assigned work, ensuring that productivity and timeliness are paramount.
- Immediately documenting and reporting to the operations manager any situations, incidents, or problems that directly relate to the efficient, complete, and timely dispatch of this assigned work.
- Ensure that all personnel assigned are aware of their job duties and are cross-trained in any capacity that their ability will allow.
- At all times promote a cooperative/teamwork atmosphere toward all employees assigned.
- Ensure that discipline is maintained at all times.
- Notifying in writing all personnel violating company attendance and work schedules.
- Must train and motivate employees to work in a safe manner, lead by example.
- Need to incorporate safety messages in pre-shift meetings and lead stretching exercises.
- Must investigate accidents and near misses in a timely and efficient manner.
- Incidents must be reported promptly to direct supervisor.
- Maintain a zero tolerance for violations.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Previous Supervisory experience, preferably in a warehouse/distribution setting.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Operating within budget restrictions.
- Ensuring efficient use of overtime.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Most work conducted in ambient temperatures however some work will include areas where temperatures range from +45 to -10 degrees Fahrenheit.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact
Paul Morrissey (781) 837-0417
Vice President email@example.com
Resource Executive Search