Our client is one of the leading distributors in their market segment with total yearly revenues the exceed $7.5 billion dollars and growing significantly on a year-over-year basis. They have engaged Resource, Inc. to find them a highly skilled Vice President-Purchasing who has demonstrable experience leading a category management and procurement team in the food industry. Our client is looking for a professional who can succeed within their organization and based on that success would like to take advantage of the upward mobility opportunities that the company has because of their tremendous growth.
Position Summary: The VP, Purchasing provides strong leadership for the category management, procurement team to ensure profitable sales growth. Is comfortable working “both sides of the aisle” and takes immense pride in getting “things” done in pursuit of outstanding internal and external customer service.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Product procurement, inventory turns, pricing, and product returns.
- Working with sales staff to grow the business.
- Product expertise and marketing
- Vendor selection, sourcing and relationship building
- Customer satisfaction and customer contract management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other departments.
- Hiring and training purchasing staff.
- Attend and participate in company events, customer meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provide direction and leadership to category management and procurement team
- Monitor, manage and maximize inventory, ensuring a good flow of inventory, manage shelf life, aged inventory and disposal.
- Manage product category SKU’s, including mix, velocity, and performance in 3 temperature classes, ensuring profitability.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in category management, purchasing, sales, supervision.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Business planning and budgeting expertise.
- Leadership skills, with the ability to work with people across departments and with others outside the organization.
- Good organization skills, analytical, self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
If Interested Please Contact:
Paul Morrissey (781) 837-0417
Resource Executive Search email@example.com