Our client is one of the leading distributors in their market segment with total yearly revenues the exceed $8 billion dollars and growing significantly on a year-over-year basis. Our client has engaged Resource, Inc. to find them a highly skilled Transportation Manager who has had significant success running complex transportation systems, possesses a strong TMS orientation and who can manage in a very high-paced/ever changing transportation environment. Our client is looking for a professional who can succeed within their organization and based on that success would like to take advantage of the upward mobility opportunities that the company has because of their tremendous growth.
The Transportation Manager is primarily responsible for the execution of the daily operating plan and transportation processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years related management experience with previous experience in operations and transportation.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology-based routing and electronic logging systems.
- Ability to take ownership and be accountable for issue resolution and general customer satisfaction
- Highly organized, detail orientated and capable of multi-tasking.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suites.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Food Service Distribution experience
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Directly and indirectly supervise the transportation staff and drivers.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Manage operations policies and standards, including safety procedures for the handling of goods.
- Plan, organize or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Direct investigations of all accidents, and recommends corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance with transportation-related administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
- A thorough understanding of DOT regulations, promote safety initiatives, the ability to implement change, and perform.
- Act as a mentor for all department employees and foster a positive work environment.
If Interested Please Contact:
Resource Executive Search