Our client, based in the greater Atlanta area, is a multi-national food ingredient manufacturer embarked on substantial growth – internally and through acquisition. They’ve completed multiple purchases in the past few years and continue to seek additional opportunities. Despite the company’s size, this is an opportunity to contribute in a small-company startup environment.The ideal candidate will have broad experience in Food & Beverage Regulatory Affairs and be eager to be part of the team supporting company growth. In this hands-on role, you will work with Suppliers, Sales/Marketing, and Customers in all aspects of food labeling. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer and have the opportunity to be an early contributor to the company’s success in the US.
- As the company expert, lead and advise the organization in all aspects of labeling regulatory compliance, domestic and international:
- Product labeling and packaging – content & design
- Ingredient and Allergen statements
- Nutrition facts
- Product claims
- Understand the company’s growth strategies and ensure that appropriate regulatory plans, policies, and procedures are permanently in place and effective
- Take a leadership role in developing and educating the Regulatory team and in communicating, coaching, & educating cross-functionally to strengthen and expedite the product development and line extension process
- Be an active participant in product development, advising internal and external customers, including suppliers, on regulatory issues and questions
- Interact proactively and appropriately with regulatory agencies and manage all aspects of regulatory permitting, including TTB formula submission, etc.
- Manage, and ensure suitable controls for, all regulatory documentation, current and historical, and generate appropriate compliance reports
Background and Experience
- University degree(s) in Food Science, Nutrition, Food Law, or equivalent
- Several years of regulatory experience and leadership in the food industry
- Successful interaction with regulatory agencies and 3rd parties
- Conversant in: Allergens, Contamination, DEA, FCE, FDA, FFSC 22000, GMO, Halal, Kosher, Low Acid Food, Organic, SDS, Specifications, Toxicology, TTB, USDA, etc.
- Recognize that growth, for the company, your own team, and yourself, requires commitment of energy and time and willingness to take ownership
- Know your stuff and enjoy communicating, teambuilding, educating, and coaching – your team, company cross-functional, suppliers, and customers
- Enjoy learning, remaining current with ever-evolving regulations, domestic and international, and planning for the organization’s future
- Welcome the opportunity to be part of a team, appropriately leading, contributing, and influencing
Relocation available for a highly skilled candidate
For More Information Please Contact:
Bob Hurley Office: 781-834-4971
Executive Recruiter Mobile: 617-908-2248