Resource Executive Search was retained to locate and qualify individuals for a newly created Senior Project Engineer position. This consulting, engineering, and construction management firm focuses on the food and beverage manufacturing sector as well as commercial and industrial facilities. This new position will lead process engineering initiatives and enhance business performance through strong leadership and customer service during a time of aggressive growth. The company was established in 2014 and has an experienced mix of passionate commercial and industrial engineers, architects, and builders.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Direct Reports: Project Manager, PE, Jr. PE, Architectural Engineer, Drafter (2)
- Develops best practices processes and procedures to ensure consistent execution of sustainable and successful capital projects.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate key project metrics insights and recommendations to the Project Manager and other leadership team members.
- Coaches and trains the engineering team on effective project management and facilitation.
- Inspects, Designs and Coordinates process engineering efforts, predicts and resolves conflicts before they impact the project, and delivers timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and respond to and monitor project risks; maximize the probability and impact of positive events and minimize the probability and impact of adverse events.
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports ensuring projects are planned and delivered in accordance with established standards, focusing on quality and service.
- Implement tools and methodologies that enable the efficient management of projects and that continuously improve processes and compliance, using documentation and KPI’s.
- Work to cultivate high-performing teams with our internal professionals, vendors, and contractors including project developers, and equipment manufacturers.
- Working with investment, development, and operations team members, create standard operating procedures and industry best practices for design, construction and operations to maximize consistency, maximize uptime and reduce costs across the portfolio.
- Evaluate development plans, designs, construction readiness, schedules, project capital costs and operating budgets for accuracy, completeness, and consistency with current and projected market conditions.
Education, Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical degree required.
- At least eight years of experience as a Project Engineer, Project Manager, or Architect required.
- At least two years of experience as Senior Engineer or Engineering Manager with another design-build company would be highly preferred.
- Food plant management, manufacturing, industrial environment, design build, or construction management firm experience a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills with an understanding of construction documents, engineering, and permitting.
- Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Project, and 2D CAD experience required.
- PE or AIA license a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills: ability to lead cross-functional teams, strong influencing skills, and a record of getting things done in a high-quality manner.
- The ability to effectively communicate to a wide variety of audiences and a strong track record of delivering a strong customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to establish rapport with a diverse customer base, both internal and external
Strong experience in working successfully in a fast-paced organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with internal and external clients, vendors, consultants, designers, and developers.
- Negotiation and influence skills to work effectively with internal and external customers, and vendors.
- The candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills allowing for positive internal, client and contractor relationships.
- The selected candidate will demonstrate a passion and a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, as well as a desire to build a long and rewarding career.
- We are seeking an individual that possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and that seeks to help build a small growth firm, into a large growth firm.
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy 781-837-8113
Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource, Inc. www.tchresource.com