The current CFO of this 600-employee organization is retiring. The company is experiencing strong growth and seeking to hire a financial leader that can help elevate the organization to the next level. A primary objective will involve developing tools to analyze large amounts of data and implementing more efficient processes to support business goals based on those metrics. A secondary objective will be to fine-tune the budgeting and forecasting process while directing the fiscal functions of the corporation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function, performance, and strategy.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of the long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting organization; i.e. evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from a financial perspective on any contract in which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the groups as well as provide the individuals with professional and personal growth.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with the company lawyer and overseeing insurance and human resources activities.
- BS in Accounting or Finance Required
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
Reports to: COO
Experience and Key Competencies for CFO Position:
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Financial Management, Problem Solving/Analysis, Strategic Thinking
- Strategic Planning
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Leadership & Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Performance Management
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy 781-837-8113
Vice President email@example.com
Resource, Inc. www.tchresource.com