PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the overall operations of multiple hot and cold fill beverage manufacturing facilities in the US and Canada, reporting to the Chief Supply Officer.
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of manufacturing plant operations at multiple facilities across North America within company policy and guidelines
- Plant Operations:
- Responsible for safety programs, quality controls, production goals, and cost controls across all plants in the area of responsibility.
- Overall ownership of the development and attainment of plant operations budgets.
- Ensure cost containment on variable cost per case and fixed actual dollar spend across the operations organization.
- Work with Sr. Directors of Operations to ensure that manufacturing capabilities, cost, quality, and responsiveness meet or exceed company goals and customer requirements and monitors and achieves key performance indicators
- Ensures overall plant maintenance is current and that all plants are clean and safe for associates.
- Partners closely with the engineering and quality functions to ensure alignment and execution of goals.
- Ensures the execution of new product launches to successful meet customer expectations
- Ensure all plants maintain SQFI level 3 certification and thoroughly comply with all aspects of the SQFI program requirements.
- Plant Leadership Development and Staffing:
- Fosters a well-trained and motivated staff through excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ensures the availability and development of the talent needed to meet current and future organizational goals.
- Creates strategic workforce plans to ensure adequate resources are in place and gaps in key skill areas are reduced
- Provides feedback and coaching to the team to enhance their skill development
- Drives an ownership culture across the network of plants while keeping a process focus.
- Develop capital expansion and return on investment analysis for the NA operations organization
- Provide overall leadership in identifying and implementing new technologies and capabilities across the plant operations network in order to meet the changing requests of customers
- Collaborate with other senior leaders to provide insight and feedback on strategic direction of the Company
- Lead the overall business planning, strategy, costing and budgeting efforts for manufacturing operations.
- Schedule and conduct leadership meetings
- Communicate with all levels of the organization utilizing strong interpersonal skills
- Attend Corporate training and meetings
- 15+ years’ experience in Plant Operations with a Consumer Products Company.
- 15+ years’ experience leading dynamic and successful teams, understanding how to inspire and motivate teams
- Considerable experience with plants requiring turnaround initiatives as well as new plant start-ups and a person who possesses world-class experience at developing and implementing operations performance, operational excellence and management systems that deliver consistent and systemic expectations for operating throughput.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering or a technology focused degree or equivalent experience.
- Have an understanding of SQF (safe quality food), and previous responsibility for Food Safety/Food Quality
- Direct experience working with both cold and hot fill beverage manufacturing operations
- Experience working in a flexible manufacturing environment with high-speed operation and frequent change overs
- Experience working with a “low-cost producer” consumer products company.
- 7+ years’ experience with plastics, bottling or distribution operations
- Experience in both union and non-union environment’s
- Experience with both US and Canadian operations
- Master’s degree or MBA in Business Administration or other related field
CORE COMPETENCIES – The core competencies reflect the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for incumbents to be successful in their areas of responsibility. The scope of each competency may not be fully inclusive and may vary based on the overall job responsibilities.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing – uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills.
- Team Work – balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management – communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Leadership – inspires and motivates others to perform well; influences actions and opinions of others; Displays passion and optimism.
- Managing People – fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services
LOCATION – Tampa, FL Region
For More Information On This Opportunity Please Contact:
Tom Healy 781-837-0490
Vice President email@example.com
Resource Executive Search http://www.tchresource.com